So much to do in such little time when started to finalise things, I went back to the title design as some feedback suggested that the type was pretty difficult to read in the word ‘pain’. Using other font designs;
I personally prefer the first one, but it’s still a decision that needs to be made in the group.
I think feedback is key, gaining opinions and help is like finding treasure because it helps you gain what you want to achieve! Looking back at the tree it was brought to my attention that the tree looks nothing like a acacia which is the tree giraffes eat from… so it was back to square one.
Modelling the tree again was definitely worth it, I also textured for the first time which was a experience! I feel way more confident in uv mapping now thanks to kerry and Alec.
Passing it on to Jennie who added the foliage!
Going back to Carlos I decided to fix him myself!
As you can see above there was one problem with the typology, and because I hadn’t deleted history there was a problem with the model when forwarding it on to others in the group! But in saying that here is what’s been done!! (I shrunk the neck too before sending.. don’t worry)
Kerry got him textured!! And I know there is a clear line of where the texture is but we’re working on it, I think we’ll be using the paint tool to blur it out! Also applause to Jennie who made those eyes!!
Everything coming together I decided to get set the scene! Looking into clouds and simple details like rocks and adding more tree’s.
Using a backdrop Jennie had made I started to light and get things into place.
With the last image being the most recent! Although I think we’re changing the backdrop! But at least it’s a learning curve, based on feedback again we’re looking at trying to add more depth and still get that flow of the 3d models and the 2d backdrop going!
It was go time this week getting things finished was our aim, the relief I think the whole class felt on thursday when it was announced that we would get a extra week for this project was amazing!!!
Taking things slowly and carefully now so we can make it as perfect as we can, animating and finalising the scene is next on our to do list which we’ll hopefully get finished before this weekend, and next week will be left to the editing and sound!