Due Date…

The last week and a half have been crazy busy!

After getting feedback on the Animation Belfast page on Facebook, we changed the background once more. We also decided that if the 3d tree at the front had painted leaves it would make a clear flow between the 2d and 3d. (using image planes, we achieved this as seen below)

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 13.40.33 Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 13.49.22

Further changes were made again with the background as you will see shortly!

feedback

Along with these problems we also faced problems with the actual image plane because of the lighting there was a clear outline which caused line’s in our sky, but cutting face’s seemed to do the job for us.

Moving Carlos along…

rt

Don’t forget to delete history

This was a major problem with a very simple solution! I then textured uv maps of him, like you seen in the post below, she also put eye lids on him and rigged him and maurice! (she’s secretly superwoman)

eherg

He started to look like the grumpy Carlos we wanted!

It was brought to our attention from the class and teachers the obvious seems in the texturing of both characters!

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 20.12.20

Using mudbox instructed by Alec, I took both characters models with the texture’s on and cloned over the seems and taking feedback on board to change things up a little! It was actually a simple solution to the  problem and also a good insight to using another program which I hadn’t had a go at before.

After another few problems Kerry solved with the rig we got down to animating!

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 20.21.38 Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 20.32.25

Between me and Kerry the animating was fun and sometimes stressful! But we managed, below is a playblast of our first final animating;

Although again constantly taking on feedback changes were made before thursday.

Rendering and editing further problems appeared!

Above are the first renders!

As you can see there is major lighting problems and colour changes! You can also see what I explained above with the lines in the sky.

Above is another video of our second renders!

Gradually solving each problem at the start of the week (Thanks to Dylan Cooper too who helped us) did eventually move on to the editing and sound!

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 17.16.42 Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 17.08.47

Shout out to Andrew Coyle who voiced our giraffes for us too!

Above was the final outcome after 4 weeks of work!

I was pretty happy with it! The feedback was to have the leaf in the credits, to make the giraffe’s look  more like they’re attached to bodies and the animating of the reaction of the strangle was too much! So with final hand in this thursday there is a lot to be done….

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s